A Rexx interface to SQL databases
10 October 2006
Establishes a connection to the database server. The newly established
connection is made the default database connection.
- connection name
- This is an optional name for the connection to be opened. If you need to
have multiple connections opened at once, you will need to specify a
connection name. For those implementations that do not support multiple connections,
this argument is not supported.
- This is the name used to connect to the database.
- This is the password associated with the username.
- This is the name that the database to which connection is required is known.
- This is the name of the host on which the database resides. The format of this
host string depends on the database vendor and operating system.
- Some arguments may be mandatory depending on the platform. See the
appendices for more details.
- success: zero
- failure: a negative number
Mark Hessling 1997-2006
Return to Table of Contents
Last updated 10 October 2006